1/26/11

Cistern Store

By the time we got to the Cistern Store the clear, cold, sunny January day had turned into a dark, windy, cold as hell night.  The cold wind was insane!  Thankfully, the Cistern Store was nice and cozy and had several people milling around.  The mother/daughter team that owns/runs the Cistern Store were very warm and welcoming.  A few of us decided to have a bite.  The bar-b-q sandwich was really good (I took a bite of Loretta's).  I ordered the salami sandwich.  Maybe I was just really hungry.  Or, maybe salami and Shiner is my peanut butter and jelly.  However, days later, I insist that the Cistern Store salami sandwich is the Best. Sandwich. Ever.  Really!   We decided to get back on the road.  The owner was so sweet, she braved the cold wind and came outside to take our picture even though they were obviously very busy.  We will definitely go back on another Joy Ride.